Hyaluronan, commonly known as Hyaluronic acid, is a translucent and slimy substance that is naturally produced by your body. It's commonly and largely found in your skin, connective muscle, minimal tissues and eyes. Not to miss, its primary function is to retain water to keep your tissues well lubricated and moist.
Many people take it as a supplement, but it is a vital ingredient in topical serums, creams, toners, cleansers, eye creams, aging creams and even injections.
Here are 5 dermatologically recommended benefits of applying hyaluronic acid to your skin. Take a read:
1) Encourages smoother and supple skin- Hyaluronic acid will make your skin look and feel softer.
Roughly half of the hyaluronic acid in your body is present in your skin, where it binds to water to help retain moisture.
However, the natural aging process and vulnerability to things like ultraviolet emission from the sun, tobacco from cigarettes and contamination can decrease its amounts in the skin. Using skincare products with Hyaluronic Acid for at least one month might show a significant increase in skin moisture and reduce dry skin in adults.
Hyaluronic acid makes your skin hydrated, which reduces the appearance of wrinkles and makes skin appear smoother.
When applied to the surface of the skin, hyaluronic acid serums can reduce wrinkles, redness and fine lines.
2) Faster Wound and Scar Healing Process- Hyaluronic acid also strikes a vital role in wound and scar healing.
It’s commonly present in the skin, but its densities increase when there is damage and in need of rehabilitation.
Hyaluronic acid helps wounds and scars repair faster by controlling inflammation levels and indicating the body to create more blood vessels in the wounded area.
Applying it to skin scars has been shown to reduce its size and decrease pain quickly.
Hyaluronic acid has shown antibacterial properties. Thus, it helps to decrease the chances of infection when applied directly to open wounds and scars. It’s quite effective at fighting gum disease, speeding up healing after teeth surgeries and eliminating mouth ulcers.
While the research on hyaluronic acid serums and gels is promising and positive, there has been no research or guarantee to determine whether hyaluronic acid supplements can render the same benefits.
3) Relieves Eye Discomfort and Pain- Approximately 2 out of 10 older adults suffer from dried eyes due to decreased tear production or tears evaporating too fast. Since hyaluronic acid is exceptional at preserving moisture, it is commonly used to treat dry eye issues. Even eye drops containing hyaluronic acid have reduced dry eye symptoms and improved eye health. You can even find Hyaluronic acid in various eye creams that elevate your eye care and fight problems like wrinkles, dark circles and fine lines. To date, no studies have examined the effects of hyaluronic acid supplements on dry eye, but it may be a future area of research.
Best time to use Hyaluronic Acid-
Note that Hyaluronic Acid is a good product that will be effective in keeping your skin healthy, radiant and wrinkle-free especially as you age. These benefits are only certain when applied at the right time.
The best time to use Hyaluronic Acid is in the morning as a face serum, sunscreen or skin toner. The dermatologist suggests usage in an eye cream/gel before bed.
How to Get Hyaluronic Acid with Pevonia.
1) Intensifier- Micro-Pores™ Bio-Active Serum- An anti-aging serum with Hyaluronic Acid that offers multiple benefits like minimizing pores, reducing excess oil, hydrating and evening skin tone.
2) Power Repair® Age Correction Marine Collagen Cream- Replenish and Hydrate with Hyaluronic Acid! The Marine Collagen Cream along with Hyaluronic Acid, combines Squalane and Marine Collagen to deeply infuse moisture. The Anti-ageing properties soften fine lines and wrinkles while replenishing vital nutrients.
3) C Evolutive Eye Gel- This cream is enriched with Sphérulites and Hyaluronic Acid. These are time-released liposomes, carrying active ingredients between the multi shield, multi-lamellar structure which help in reducing puffiness & dark circles.
4) Hydrating Sunscreen Broad Spectrum Spf 40 Uva/Uvb + Blue Light Shield- Protect and Prevent with Hyaluronic Acid! This silky-smooth, greaseless homogenized emulsion protects your skin from the sun¹s harmful UVA & UVB rays. Enriched with Vitamins E, C, and B, SPF 40 safeguards your skin, counteracts sun damage and prevents premature ageing on your face and body.
5) Spateen® Blemished Skin Toner- Alcohol-free and enriched with Hyaluronic Acid, a toner uniquely formulated to remove impurities and excess oil that can clog pores. A vital step to a healthy complexion for specifically teen skin. Recommended for blemish, teen skin and blemish-prone skin types.
Hyaluronic Acid is present in many products, so now you know all about it. Now know exactly what you're applying to your face and how it is effective for you. Check out more details at Pevonia India!