Acne is a common problem that approximately 80 percent of individuals are affected by acne between the onset of puberty and 30 years of age. But first, you need to know that mistreating the type you suffer from can hurt the health of your skin.
Acne is one of the most common and frustrating beauty concerns and unfortunately there’s no one-size-fits-all approach to treating it. The skin condition comes in many forms and is triggered by a variety of causes – from oily skin types to hormone imbalance, bad diet, to simple genetics (thanks parents!) As a result, each acne breakout has its symptoms and therefore needs to be treated in a specific way. By arming yourself with the correct product for your particular breakout, will enable you to not only combat the problem head-on but prevent future breakouts too!
- Blackheads – Technically called ‘open comedones’, blackheads are small bumps that appear on your skin due to clogged hair follicles. They are one of the more mild types of acne and are often experienced by those with oily skin.
- Whiteheads - Whiteheads (also known as ‘closed comedones’) occur when pores on the skin become clogged with dead skin cells, oil and bacteria, however, the two forms of acne produce different skin reactions. While blocked pores that stay open from blackheads, a whitehead is a blocked pore that closes, meaning they should be treated quite differently.
- Papule- A papule is technically a small, raised bump on the skin, red in colour and swollen with inflammation. Like most forms of acne, papules are the result of an increase in oil and bacteria trapped inside the pore by dead skin cells. However, papules occur when the clogging causes a hair follicle to become inflamed.
- Pustule- If a pore becomes extremely clogged, the skin begins to swell and a pustule is formed. Pustules are essentially infected pores that appear as a white dot surrounded by inflamed, red skin that swells into a bump.
- Cyst- One of the more extreme forms of acne, cystic breakouts (or cysts) lie deep within the layers of the skin and occur when the pores become blocked and severely infected. They appear as swollen (often painful) lumps under the skin, filled with pus that has nowhere to go. Because they are deep-rooted in the skin tissue they don’t always come to a head and can reappear in the same place and often leave scars.
- Nodules- Like cysts, nodular pimples (nodules) are one of the most severe forms of acne. They’re slightly different to cysts in that they never form ahead, instead just a hard bump under the skin’s surface which tends to be very painful.
Pevonia understands the intensity of all these acne and has created its product in a manner that all your skin concerns are gone. Acne is a common problem and Pevonia brings along a solution to this problem. Check out Pevonia Blogs and Pevonia India for more updates.